Monday, 2024-04-29, 1:46 AM
Naruto/Bleach/Wazurai Forums
Main | Living in the Haze - Naruto/Bleach Fanon Forums | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: TenTailedFox, Rasengan888  
Naruto/Bleach Fanon Forums » Naruto Roleplays » Konohagakure » Living in the Haze
Living in the Haze
FuminoriDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-15, 7:57 AM | Message # 1
Academy Student
Group: Chunin
{{For now, It'll just be me and Armed.}}
A wild haired bouncer stood near the door of a hole in the wall opium den in a lesser province in the land of fire.

Koshi's pale golden eyes surveyed the patrons, some of them were flirting with the 'working girls', some talking in hushed tones, most just lazing about in various states of opium induced catatonia. Koshi breathed deep the smoke that hung so heavily in the air and sighed, today was just like any other day of work, his old violent life a million miles away, now his whole existance was watching these dens in order to make enough money to live, occasionally busting up fights between drugged out rabblerousers, even the night terrors had begun to grow infrequent, Suzue's tear stained face becoming a faint memory. This precious peace was wiped away by a single phrase.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to, bitch?" A loud crash followed as the soothing Shamisen music stopped, the lazy air of the den wiped away by this impeding force. Koshi immediately looked to the private room in the back, sure enough the visiting noble was the cause of the problem, before him lay a serving girl surrounded by broken bottles and bowls, too frightened to move. The patrons that could move had all stood to stare at the man as he picked the girl up by the hair, yelling directly in her face. "I'm the son of the Shogun here, and you better treat me with some fu-"
The man didn't have time to finish as Koshi landed a left hook on the nobleman's jaw. Knocking him flat. The Bouncers pale eyes drooping to slits as he snapped the fingers of his left hand, the spring loaded knife sliding into place on the ring razor he had stolen so long ago.
"I don't care who you are, it's time for you to leave."
The nobleman scrabbled to his feet, trying to figure out if this scraggly haired man was bluffing. "You're just some bullshit bouncer, you'll pay for this!" To accentuate his claim, the noble pulled a shortblade from his coat, the polished metal reflecting the dancing flames of the Den's candles the whole room entirely silent, save for the serving girl who had burst into tears, pawing at the man's pants leg.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please don't hurt Koshi!" Now that he could see her face, Koshi recognized the girl as one of the indentured servants in the den, working to pay off her father's debts. He opened his mouth to say something to her when the noble slammed the hilt of his blade into her hand with a crunch, obviously breaking a bone or two.
"Shut up, this is between men, you dumb whore."
That was it, all at once it was night, his instincts taking over as muscle memory guided him, when Koshi came to his Hakama was stained red, and the noble's wrist had been slashed. He assessed the wound in a split second, sure enough he had followed through with the first rule of confrontation "Disable" The nobleman grabbed his wrist and screamed at the top of his lungs, the hand hanging there limp.
The bouncer turned to one of the other serving girls and spoke matter of factly, despite the cold sweat breaking out on his brow. "Gather some bandages and cover his wound, then get him to a doctor if you don't do it quickly, the control tendon in his wrist will never work again." Turning to the noble Koshi pointed the finger with the ring razor accusatorily. "And if you so much as try to harm her on the way there, I'll track you down and take the whole fucking hand, understood?" Koshi knelt and began to investigate the serving girl's wounds as best he could, pumping small amounts of chakra into the hand to at least numb the pain. he explained to her that with his help she'd be able to use the hand within the week. Koshi washed himself, splashed water on his face, and went back to work.

Two days later, the hand had healed and there was a job placed in Konoha, a low ranking assassination mission that paid an exorbitant amount to kill a certain black haired bouncer.

Message edited by Fuminori - Tuesday, 2009-12-15, 7:58 AM

AzureDragoonDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 10:47 AM | Message # 2
Genin
Group: Administrators
The poster board in front of the home of the Sukebi clan was always filled. Many jobs were posted each day, as the demand for missions to be performed by the top nation of Konoha were never in short supply. Ninja of the Sukebi took their assignments as were assigned by their superiors according to skill, and carried on to execute them. This procedure was very important, and all members of the clan did their part without complaint. A young, but focused young man stepped outside of the residence. The boy stepped in front of the board to take another look at the mission he was assigned by his teachers. Sure enough, it was just as they said; a C rank mission that had the pay of something much more elaborate. Kenji burrowed his brow in wonder. What on Earth would compel the client to pay this much for the assassination of one man, and a lowly bouncer at that? He knew that it wasn't his place to understand the meaning behind it. A mission was a mission, payment was payment. The client was clearly a wealthy and powerful figure, so failure would not be an option. Completing such a mission would bring nothing but honor to his clan. As he was prepared to move, a clansman approached him. He appeared to be rather displeased.

"Excuse me, Kenji-san? I heard you were taking that strange assassination mission." The irritated man spoke.

"That's correct. I'm about to head out. Why?" Kenji replied, unsure of his comrade's strange mood.

"Well...apparently, your brother saw the posting, and decided to leave us a message about it." The clansman replied, nothing but disdain seething through his words, a glazed look in his eyes. "He said to deliver it to the one who accepted the mission."

"...What in...a message from Zerzuke? Why would he...?" Kenji started, but was cut off by the clansman pulling out a piece of parchment and handing it to him. "Read."

Kenji unraveled the parchment and started reading it.

"'Are you guys out of your mind!? I knew you guys were suckers, seriously, but even posting a mission like that!? Guys, come on! Are you greedy or just stupid!? I actually PLAN ON going to those damn things when I get older, and I'm not going to have a really great time if any of you start killing the bouncers! There isn't even challenge in it! It's a damn joke! I just know that one of you will be itching to jump at some easy money with no risk, so let me say something real quick before you start. You're a pussy. No, wait, you're a balless sack of crap. Hell, both is good. Be a man and accept a mission worth doing, for once! Don't be like my kid brother; I love the guy, but he's too much of a tightass. Do something fun, enjoy life! Or I might just kick your ass until you do!

Sukebi's only non-tightass,

Zerzuke Sukebi

PS: Whoever gets this, can you spot me a coin for the paper? I don't really have any cash on me. Spent it all on...nevermind what I spent it on, actually. Thanks in advance."

The clansman who delivered it was angry, but the boy who recieved it was utterly furious. Kenji's face couldn't stop his face contorting in a very unnatural way. The clansman couldn't decide whether it was out of rage or bewilderment, or some horrible combination of the two.

"By the way, he's done this before. Whenever he finds out there's a mission that he personally hates for being 'easy' or 'a joke' or some other foolish reason, he sends stuff like this and tells us to give it to the one who accepted it. I'm very sorry, Kenji-san."

Kenji crushed the paper in his hand and threw it on the ground. "That-! That-! How could he even think of pulling-I'm going to-Graaaaah!"

Kenji's rage was short lived. He knew he had a mission to do. Dealing with his brother would have to wait. Walking off to the province where he was needed, he gave the clansman one set of directions.

"Tell my brother that I'll come to deal with him later."

Oh yes, he would most certainly teach him a lesson. As soon as this mission was over, he'd show him...

FuminoriDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 11:09 AM | Message # 3
Academy Student
Koshi stood at his usual spot in the den, his right hand absentmindedly fiddling with the ring razor on his left. The serving girl he had saved cast what Koshi assumed was meant to be an alluring glance at him as she passed, though Koshi could all too easily detect the thought beneath it

'He's going to die soon.'

The day previous he'd been lucky enough to strike up conversation with an off duty courier who'd stopped in the shop and confirmed his suspicions. Konoha had received a hit for a man bearing his description. His boss had all but demanded that Koshi lay low, fearing as much for his den as he did the bouncer, but Koshi refused, he knew exactly the kinds of tactics employed by assassins who couldn't find their prey and it'd be worse for the den if he weren't around.

For what had to be the hundredth time today, Koshi opened the small container that fed the cartridges full of opiate into the needle on his right arm, double checking that the small metal casings were full. It always was such a pain in the ass to get a smith who could properly make the things. Most of the time the casing would be warped in some way, and wouldn't load right, the three currently in the chamber were from his old village something he had stashed for a true emergency, he refused to lose his life to a bad make.

AzureDragoonDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 11:39 AM | Message # 4
Genin
It didn't take long for Kenji to make his way to the province, Zerzuke's words still lingering in his head. Mocking him. Trying to distract him. He willed them gone as hard as he could. Any distraction could possibly ruin the mission. As he searched for the den where his target was located, he could feel the eyes of the people staring at him. His own anger at his brother must have been radiating off of him, as he could see fearful faces of the ones in front of him, backing away hastily. He could hear shushed whispers, undoubtably about him. Normally, Kenji wouldn't give off such hostility. As of now, he didn't care in the least. His only concern was finishing his assignment, as quickly and plainly as possible.

Through his own set of directions his teachers had given him, he found the spot. A lonely, run down den of decadence. His brother said he was planning on visiting these. This made Kenji all the more furious. His brother, who was meant to be the pride of Sukebi, held such high regard of these horrible places that he'd viciously insult his own kin to make a point.

Kenji's rage was reaching its boiling point again. Whatever plan of action he decided on was forfeited, as he walked in the den, with the same contorted expression he had when he received his brother's letter. So hot was his rage, that he didn't even notice the man matching his target's description standing next to the door as he walked past him. He didn't bother to look around at all. The atmosphere around the den told him enough. Completely decadent, a place of losers and men with broken dreams. Zerzuke wanted to go here...!?

More than anything, the thought tortured him. His contorted expression got worse, to the verge of making him look like he was in pain. As he walked to the center of the den, a concerned serving girl stopped him.

"Excused me sir, are you alright?" The serving girl asked him. "Do you need anything?"

"Leave me alone." Kenji spat out in response, not even bothering to look at her. He had stopped moving. The truth was, he didn't even know where he was going. He knew he had to do something here. Something important. He took the time to look around. He saw dazed men, laughing silently. He could see the opium smoke lingering in the air. It was all so horrible. And Zerzuke said he wanted to come here.

"No no no no no no...!" Kenji clutched his head in his hands and tried to block out the sensations. "The honor of the clan, it'd be ruined...! He'd ruin us, he'd ruin me and father, over this-no no no no no...!" Kenji continued to chant in a whisper. In what seemed like an eternity, he managed to compose himself, and a thought came to him. Zerzuke himself had said that he didn't want him on this mission. Killing a bouncer would probably ban him and every Sukebi from every den for life. Yes, that possibility was very real. Zerzuke knew it. Kenji made a knowing grin, no longer angry. The solution was simple; he'd simply complete the mission he was assigned. Everything would work out from there. He had nothing to worry about.

"Excuse me, miss?" He called back to the serving girl he spoke to earlier.

"Yes sir, what can I do for you?" She asked with a grin. Kenji's face was completely serious, his voice in a sharp whisper.

"I'm looking for a bouncer."

FuminoriDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 12:06 PM | Message # 5
Academy Student
Koshi jumped lightly as a newcomer stepped in, a young one, he couldn't have been older than fifteen wearing an expression of anger that seemed to be born from his very soul. Koshi found himself once again toying with the ring razor and, on instinct, listened for the boy's footsteps on the mats lining the den's floor. It was an old trick taught to him by his instructors at the village, ninja can almost always be recognized by the lack of noise they make with each step, the average person ruffles their clothes or scrapes a mat with their steps, but ninja make the loudest sound in the world. Silence.

Of course this only worked with undisciplined ninja as more specialized assassins will blend in easily untill they spot their target, but Koshi was sure he couldn't hear a thing as the boy stepped past him. Koshi's eyes drooped to slits, the same way they did when he prepared to confront the noble. This boy was definitely the one, his normal loud steps (Koshi found it easier to intimidate the clientele when they could hear purpose in his steps.) were replaced by soundless movement by the time the boy had finished his little breakdown and asked his question of the serving girl Koshi was in position.

The serving girl's confused look faded to one of fear as she saw Koshi behind the boy, his normally dead eyes alight with a ferocity she had never seen. The only response she could think of was to lift her bandaged hand and point to the figure looming behind the boy.
"He's right there..."

Using that as his cue, Koshi reached his left hand around, and snapped his fingers right under the boy's nose, a three inch blade snapping into place on the index finger. The serving girl turned and ran and once again the patrons that could move stood to stare at the scene. In a detached, almost bored voice Koshi spoke. "If you're here to kill me, turn around." Koshi's right hand was poised palm down, the hanging sleeve giving no indication that his true weapon was raised and positioned perfectly should the boy turn, the ring razor restricting his movement, offering no room to back up.

AzureDragoonDate: Thursday, 2009-12-17, 3:20 AM | Message # 6
Genin
Kenji eyes went wide as he found himself in a very disadvantgeous position. He couldn't believe it, but his target had snuck up behind him while he was talking with the serving girl. He thought it was impossible. He should have heard footsteps, but he was certain he didn't hear anything. It occurred to him that ever since he entered the den, he never actually looked behind himself the entire time. The bouncer could have been in plain sight, and he just didn't notice. Kenji's worst fear came to light; he had been entirely distracted by Zerzuke's message, and it resulted in this.

Kenji thought quickly. He was just dealing with a lowly bouncer, right? That was what the mission posting said. Kenji had the reflexes that only a ninja could have, so he should be able to take this man down no problem, right?

"No common old fool will get the drop on me!" Kenji spoke sharply, and in an instant his right hand retrieved his hidden kunai. Kenji would have to get a blind shot in. He flipped the kunai in his hand and stabbed behind him without turning, hoping that he'd hit the target in some way, at least get him to stagger so Kenji could free up his own movement.

FuminoriDate: Thursday, 2009-12-17, 3:35 AM | Message # 7
Academy Student
Koshi saw the subtle movement out of the corner of his eye, a second too late to respond, the kunai sunk into the meat between his ribs with ease, a wide blade like a Kunai really was nothing compared to the ring razor. Sure it penetrated but years of dealing with his sisters and destroying his body's nerves had led Koshi to be almost completely blind to pain. Koshi took this as an advantege and struck out with his right hand throwing his palm back. The young ninja had little hope to escape now that their bodies were connected and with a neumatic hiss the needle on his wrist lashed out, aiming straight for the vein on the kid's neck, while Koshi's left hand came down swiftly, aiming the razor to brush just lightly enough that the kid could feel the pain of his skin being grazed while the traveling hand slapped the hand holding the Kunai in an attempt to dislodge it.

AzureDragoonDate: Thursday, 2009-12-17, 4:21 AM | Message # 8
Genin
Kenji could feel his hit was true, and waited for his target to stagger. He didn't. The man simply raised his right hand and thrusted his palm forward as an attack. Kenji couldn't hope to escape at this distance, and he could feel the attack strike his neck. Strangely enough, he heard a small hissing sound, and quickly attempted to break out of the hold on him, wincing as he felt a blade make contact with his skin and made contact with his right hand. Kenji gritted his teeth and tightened his grip on the kunai, removing it from the surprisingly skilled bouncer. He jumped a good distance away from the man and turned around, wielding his kunai in an attack position. His target looked as unassming as the rest of the denizens of this bar, but something wasn't right. The way he snuck up on him, his rather painful and odd looking weapon, it all seemed to strange for a lowly bouncer to possess. Then there was that hissing he had heard...what did it mean? Then something else crossed Kenji's mind; was it just him...or was his body suddenly not moving as quickly? Or wait...was everything else...just speeding up?

Kenji stared at his foe, and the onlookers around him. They were all watching them, standing rather still. The thing was, something strange was happening. The opium smoke that lazily traveled across the air...it seemed to be traveling faster. Something was very wrong. Kenji felt like he needed to end this quickly.

He looked to his kunai, which had penetrated its mark, but didn't seem to have much of an impact. Maybe it was dull? He was sure he had sharpened it earlier. He'd use the technique, just to be sure. Kenji brought a hand to his weapon and attempted to manipulate his chakra through it, in order to have it surround the blade and increase it's effectiveness. While he did, the odd feeling grew more intense.

Despite the incredibly odd effects surrounding him, Kenji wanted to pay it no mind. They were distractions. He had allowed himself to get distracted before, and it had led to a rotten start. Never again. He would kill the target, and leave. Kenji lunged forward and made a vertical slashing motion towards the bouncer.

FuminoriDate: Thursday, 2009-12-17, 4:53 AM | Message # 9
Academy Student
Koshi threw his right hand into the air, letting the sleeve fall away and ejecting the spent cartridge, he had hit his mark, a faintest trace of blood seeping from the kid's neck. Koshi fell back as the kid tried to distance himself, letting him move away and watching the kid's eyes for signs of dilation. The kid's perception would slow, causing the world to seem to speed up around him as his reflexes dulled. The golden poison in his veins would desperately seek the sources of chakra in the kid's body latching onto the nodes within the system and restricting chakra flow.

Koshi winced as he finally felt the strike from the Kunai the blood flow stirred by his movement staining his white Hakama, so, making a simple hand seal he pressed his left hand to his side and forced chakra into the wound, disabling the nerves in his side and forcing the blood to clot. He'd properly heal the area later. The pain was gone, and more importantly he'd sent his greatest taunt at the kid, it would be obvious to anyone watching that Koshi was a Medi-Nin.

A smirk crossed the bouncers face as the kid molded chakra around his blade, it was a neat trick but it spelled his doom. Thanks to Koshi's connection to his toxin he could feel the drug start winding it's way through the kid's Chakra circulatory system. The kid would forecast all of his attacks, convinced he was moving at a normal speed. Koshi took a step back for ever two he could see the kid take, the slash missing him by a foot.

AzureDragoonDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-22, 4:10 AM | Message # 10
Genin
Kenji's eyes went wide as his mark proceeded to evade all of his attacks with surprising speed. How was this possible!? He definately wasn't this fast before! But Kenji wasn't bothered by it. As a matter of fact...he had never felt so alive! He felt a strange but powerful feeling surge through him, giving him a sense of invincibility. There was no way he could lose here!

Kenji continued his attack on the man, with the two approaching a wall. The man would no longer be able to back up, and Kenji would simply drive the kunai through him again, this time in a far more lethal area. Nothing but success could possibly result from this!

FuminoriDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-22, 4:23 AM | Message # 11
Academy Student
Koshi watched a grin creep across his target's face as he backed away, watching his surrounding carefully, he made sure to run the ring razor across the young Ninja each time he missed, the Golden Haze insured he didn't feel it, but the kid's side and arms were covered in minor lacerations. As he bobbed and swayed, Koshi spoke, his voice reassuring as if he was talking to a child. "So, tell me kid, why do you fight? Is it for the good of your village, or the honor of your family? Ask yourself, why would your village want you to kill a man like me? Have you ever wondered how much money the councils in your village skim from your bounties? What about the cut your clan takes?" Koshi felt his back press against a wall and watched as the kid reared back for a shot at his vitals. Kicking up a nearby chair Koshi kicked it toward the kid and rolled along the wall untill he was safely out of range. The kid was obviously in the second phase of intoxication. His fate was sealed.

AzureDragoonDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-22, 5:04 AM | Message # 12
Genin
Kenji saw as the wall came closer. The target's death was imminent. He could feel it! Not even the attacks of the man's weapon had any effect on him, they felt like mere pricks and were easily ignored. Kenji didn't think of how this was possible, the only thing that mattered to him was that he didn't feel any pain, and he very much wanted to take advantage of it. As the two grew closer to the wall, the man actually spoke to him, asking him why he chose to fight. What an absurd question. The village was important, yes, but it was ultimately the honor of the clan that all ninja should fight for. As far back as Kenji could remember, he knew this most of all.

"I don't need to hear anything from YOU! Just die so I can go home, I've got other stuff to do for the clan!"

Kenji stabbed the kunai forward, the target's back to the wall. He would have hit, if it weren't for the fact that a chair had been kicked right into him, knocking him backwards and winding him slightly, but he still couldn't feel any amount of pain. He could see the man escaping him. Never! Kenji continued his persuit. Nothing would stop him from completing his mission.

FuminoriDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-22, 5:16 AM | Message # 13
Academy Student
Koshi watched the kid coming after him, the blood from his strikes staining the Tatami as he stumbled. "You've got alot to learn, kid. My name is Koshi of the Mayaku clan, and the poison coursing through your veins is an opium based toxin that's been created using my own chakra, it was by my will that you haven't felt the pain of my attacks and.." Koshi paused, making a series of handsigns and focusing the traces of his chakra still within the toxin in the kid's blood. "It is by my will that you now pay the price for your hubris. Wilting Poppy Style: Pain magnification!" Koshi's voice resounded throughout the den, even the nigh comatose patrons were now watching the two intently, the real fight was in the kid's own body as the Golden Haze's nature as an anesthetic was inverted, the kid's nerves suddenly exponentially more receptive to pain. Koshi could feel the frightened stare of the serving girl he had saved before, watching him as if he was some sort of dangerous beast that had eaten the man she thought of as a friend.

AzureDragoonDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-22, 6:14 AM | Message # 14
Genin
Kenji stumbled forward, intent on a strike. He heard the man before tell him his name and clan, which surprised him. The man...Koshi, had a clan? Wouldn't that make him a ninja? That'd explain his speed and weapon, which no normal person would possess. He heard Koshi tell him that there was poison in his veins, which sounded strange. If the poison was the thing making him feel completely unstoppable, clearly it wasn't a very good poison at all.

"I am Kenji of the Sukebi clan, and nothing is more important than completing my mission! For the honor of my clan, I'll strike you do-!"

He was cut off from his words with a torrent of pain that swept through his body, as Koshi had yelled out a jutsu name and explained the true purpose of the poison. His invincibility had all but evaporated, replaced by terrible agony. Caught off guard, Kenji yelled and nearly dropped his weapon, kneeling on the ground with uneven breaths.

"Wh-what...! My body! Auuuugh!"

The pain was unbearable, and Kenji couldn't even think straight, let alone fight with any kind of potential. He could only wrack his brain on where he had went wrong.

FuminoriDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-22, 6:32 AM | Message # 15
Academy Student
Koshi knelt to look into the kid's eyes, his voice dripping with venom. "Were I still a Mayaku ninja I'd slit your throat where you stood, Kenji. In fact, I think that's what you had planned for me, come in, target some helpless hired thug and bask in the praise of your family on a job well done. Is there any honor in cutting down someone so much weaker than you? Do you feel the pain coursing through your mind right now? That is the pain of failure, the pain you feel simply because fate wasn't on your side today and that is the pain you're trained to inflict on your targets and their families. All for what? There is no honor here, just corrupt old men and delusional family heads, sending their children off to reap profit and bathe in blood." Koshi could see the way the kid tried to fight the pain, the bouncer's mind once again flashing back to that night in the woods, the borrowed razor poised over Suzue's body ready to ruin her forever, all because her father had offended some pitiful noble.

Koshi clicked the razor closed, his ability to fight almost as drained as the kid in front of him. "Tell me Kenji, what part of this was honorable?"

Message edited by Fuminori - Tuesday, 2009-12-22, 6:46 AM

Naruto/Bleach Fanon Forums » Naruto Roleplays » Konohagakure » Living in the Haze
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Make a free website with uCoz